Wild Earth has a rich experience of delivering bespoke educational programmes to primary and secondary schools. We are passionate about working creatively within the school environment to inspire and bring out the best in pupils, teachers, parents and the school as a whole. Working with Wild Earth is a real opportunity to create sustainable positive change at your School. We have the expertise in developing the creative curriculum and teacher's creative practice as essayed through our past experience of delivering high quality Cre8us (previously known as Creative Partnerships) projects. Our methodology includes weaving together nature, art, recycling, music, drama and adventure themes across many subject areas. Cross-curricular links through PSHE, History, Geography, Science and Literacy, are strongly represented in our work.
"To listen to all the new techniques,
strategies and ways of thinking and
working that you have introduced in
your creative way to our teachers and
children was even more than I had
- Headteacher and Solihull NAHT
Castle Bromwich Junior School
For Primary Schools, we offer a scintillating learning experience through 'The Outdoor Classroom' which incorporates 'Earth Walks', nature awareness, bushcraft, mini beast hunt and identification, nature detectives, rocks and soils, nature masks and more.
Wild Earth offers a unique programme that incorporates :
- exploring the history, art, science of Aboriginal culture
- learning from the stories in dot painting and discovering our own stories
- learn to play, make and paint a didgeridoo and take it home
- create Aboriginal art for a large display
- learn about indigenous rock art and make paints from rocks
These workshops are inspired by a study of the local environment - school grounds or local parks. Activities use recycled materials to create musical instruments, crafts, story telling and shadow puppet plays.
This has been an effective vehicle in delivering projects on the History of World War II and
creative writing workshops.
Wild Earth team have an extensive experience of delivering teacher training in :
- Incorporating Sound and Music in learning
- Creating natural art and getting children connected to nature as a tool for self-reflection
- Environmental education- Linking art, music, drama and nature in highly effective ways
- Outdoor Experiential Learning, bushcraft and nature programmes for forest schools
We provide bespoke training in collaboration, relfection, creative and rigorous evaluation tools and techniques to enhance self-directed learning in pupils.
Wild Earth is an approved provider of alternative education in Warwickshire, Coventry, Solihull and Birmingham. We offer a range of programmes (accredited and non-accredited) based on outdoor
experiential learning. Please click here to find out more...
Wild Earth | Company No. 07715266 | KOCO Community Resource Centre, The Arches, Spon End, Coventry CV1 3 JQ | Tel: 02476 920 025